Paid Reserved Parking
Exciting News! As all over the road drivers know, the availability of safe and accessible truck parking has been a growing problem for quite some time. Some factors include increased truck traffic, less flexible hours of service, and the new electronic log mandate.
In 2017, the American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) conducted a survey which ranked the top concerns and issues for commercial drivers. Not surprisingly, the number one issue for drivers was the electronic log mandate. However, truck parking was ranked as the second most important issue to drivers.
Here at Skyline, we share your concerns related to truck parking and have decided to make a major change to help relieve this stress from your daily trip planning.
The majority of travel centers offer reserved parking or “Prime Parking” at an average cost around $12. Beginning the week of March 11, Skyline will now reimburse the cost for reserved parking for all over the road company drivers.
Just imagine the benefits of reserving your spot before leaving your residence or customer location:
- Peace of mind knowing where and when your day will end
- More time at home
- More miles (which means more dollars in your paycheck)
- Less stress and no more searching for a parking spot
- Easier in/out which means more room to park and fewer truck stop incidents
- Convenient parking closest to the travel center’s amenities
So, what’s the catch?
Nothing really, just a few minor rules:
- You must scan the receipt with your load documents. No receipt, no reimbursement.
- At this time, the EFS fuel card is not set up for parking charges so your payment options are:
- Credit/Debit card
- Pilot Rewards points (Not recommended as you need these points for other benefits)
Skyline has drop yard locations in several cities and will reject reserved parking receipts for:
- Knoxville, TN
- Lebanon, TN
- Memphis, TN
- Brooks, KY
- Winston Salem, NC
We encourage you to continue utilizing our customer locations which allow for overnight parking whenever possible. This strategy continues to be the best way to maximize your time.
I sincerely hope this new benefit will help relieve stress, increase your miles, and increase your home time while driving for Skyline. Click here to access an information sheet from Pilot Flying J explaining how it works and listing their locations that currently offer reserved parking. You can reserve via phone, internet, or by utilizing the myPilot app on your smart phone.
Thank you for all you do and enjoy this added convenience. – Jeff Reed, Skyline President