Skyline Transportation, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Driver Manager.
Skyline Transportation, Inc. is currently seeking a dependable, experienced Driver Manager to support our drivers, operations and customer service departments. The Driver Manager will track drivers and trucks to ensure scheduled, timely delivery to customer locations. The Driver Manager is a problem solver and liaison for Skyline drivers, providing professional support, a positive attitude and driver-focused communication. Skyline is a Knoxville-based truckload carrier serving the eastern United States with a fleet of 120 trucks. Join a well-respected, family-owned business that offers an exciting work environment, career satisfaction and competitive pay and benefits.
Basic Job Responsibilities: (include but not limited to)
- Provide timely and clear dispatch of drivers.
- Monitor any late or issue-laden shipments that affect customer expectations.
- Use McLeod Transportation Management System and Omnitracs Hours of Service software to process and track customer orders.
- Work with customer service and load planning to ensure on-time deliveries, order accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Work with operations and drivers to resolve any transportation issues.
- Communicate with other shifts to create the optimum plan for drivers and customers.
- Update customers’ websites to provide real time information regarding their shipments.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the operations manager.
- Solid work history.
- Transportation or logistics experience is a plus.
- Understanding and appreciation of drivers to increase driver retention and satisfaction.
- Strong focus on customer service and driver support.
- Organized, dependable and able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic working environment.
- Ability to confront matters of non-compliance with drivers and/or dispatchers in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate company policies and procedures verbally, and in writing, in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills including Excel and Outlook required, other programs such as McLeod, Omnitracs, or Dossier are a plus.
- Ability to navigate the internet and operate multiple company and customer-owned transportation systems and applications.
- Must have professional phone skills and a clear speaking voice.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
Skyline has been a family-owned company and leader in the transportation industry for more than 65 years. We offer great benefits to our employees including:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
If you’re ready to be a part of something great, call us today at (865) 524-3661 x237. Skyline is part of the Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.