Skyline Transportation, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Driver Manager.
Skyline Transportation, Inc. is seeking a forward-thinking problem solver to join our operations team. We are looking to hire a dependable Driver Manager to support our drivers and ensure scheduled, timely delivery to customer locations. Qualified candidates must be able to:Skyline Transportation, Inc. is seeking a forward-thinking problem solver to join our operations team. We are looking to hire a dependable Driver Manager to support our drivers and ensure scheduled, timely delivery to customer locations. Qualified candidates must be able to:
- Provide excellent customer service in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintain consistent, driver-focused communication with a positive attitude
Join a leader in the transportation industry! Skyline is a well-respected, Knoxville-based truckload carrier serving the eastern United States with a fleet of 120 trucks. Apply now to join a family-owned business that offers an exciting work environment, career satisfaction and competitive pay and benefits.
Basic Job Responsibilities: (include but not limited to)
- Provide timely and clear dispatch of drivers.
- Monitor any late or issue-laden shipments that affect customer expectations.
- Use McLeod Transportation Management System and Omnitracs Hours of Service software to process and track customer orders.
- Work with customer service and load planning to ensure on-time deliveries, order accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Work with operations and drivers to resolve any transportation issues.
- Communicate with other shifts to create the optimum plan for drivers and customers.
- Update customers’ websites to provide real time information regarding their shipments.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the operations manager.
- Solid work history.
- Transportation or logistics experience is a plus.
- Understanding and appreciation of drivers to increase driver retention and satisfaction.
- Strong focus on customer service and driver support.
- Organized, dependable and able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic working environment.
- Ability to confront matters of non-compliance with drivers and/or dispatchers in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate company policies and procedures verbally, and in writing, in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills including Excel and Outlook required, other programs such as McLeod, Omnitracs, or Dossier are a plus.
- Ability to navigate the internet and operate multiple company and customer-owned transportation systems and applications.
- Must have professional phone skills and a clear speaking voice.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
Skyline has been a family-owned company and leader in the transportation industry for more than 65 years. We offer great benefits to our employees including:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
If you’re ready to be a part of something great, call us today at (865) 524-3661 x237. Click here to apply for this position through Indeed.com. Skyline is part of the Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.