Now Hiring: Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk Job Description
Skyline Transportation, Inc. is seeking to hire an Accounts Payable/Payroll Clerk. This position will handle driver payroll and accounts payable, process invoices, perform data entry and various administrative duties. Skyline is a family-owned, Knoxville-based truckload carrier with a fleet of 120 trucks. Join a well-respected, growing business that offers a stable work environment, competitive starting pay and benefits.
Basic Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Complete weekly overall payroll process for drivers, which involves detailed analysis of driver movements.
- Schedule and prepare A/P checks.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Protect Skyline’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, account statements, reports and other records, and review for accuracy.
- Maintains and preserves company records in paper and electronic files pursuant to protocols and procedures.
- Inputs accounts payable invoices into financial data processing system.
- Work with staff members and departments on other projects as assigned.
- Prior accounting and accounts payable experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to recognize inconsistencies and/or inefficiencies in process and address them constructively
- Willingness to learn and expand job responsibilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to perform general office work using computers and related software programs to accomplish assigned tasks
Skyline has been a family-owned company and leader in the transportation industry for more than 65 years. We offer great benefits to our employees including:
- Competitive pay package
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
If you’re ready to be a part of something great, call us today at 866-314-0850. Skyline is part of the Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.